Thursday, October 28, 2010

Frankie Stein Baby

I'm all done with my daughters Frankie costume!
I just love love love how it turned out.
I actually made it twice since the first time around it came out just a bit tooo small for her. So I'll be listing the extra one on my etsy in case someone else might want to dress their infant as Frankie someday.
Originally I was going to go to party city and buy the Frankie Costume, but with the popularity of the series and being too close to halloween I just decided to put it together from scrap. I actually found some pretty nice plaid print at Joanns ON SALE!
So I bought extra. XD Good thing too since I had to make it twice. ^_^

I went through Gwendolyn's closet and thought this pink skirt jumper would work nice to draft my pattern. It did, but with me trying to work in a rush I didn't leave much seam allowance and so it turned out just a tad too small for her.
Photobucket

Second time around I knew I had it right, and got it done in a few hours.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I also used my surger for the first time. My neighbor was so sweet, donated me her old surger. I still need to do alot of learning with it, but the seam finishing I did with it was awesome.

Photobucket

After sewing the top and bottom together I worked on the tie. I didn't really have the right fabrics and I forgot to get some when I picked up the Plaid at Joanns, but I thought this remnant worked well.

Photobucket

Last thing I did was add the belt which is just a half belt sewed at the sides and only to the front.

Photobucket

I used some studs from an old belt, I was going to use the smaller studs, but I got too impatient and the biggerones I only had to add like three. lol

Photobucket

I also have alot of MH skulls from the boxes I saved thought to use one on the tie.

I just love my work on this! *squeek*

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now for the shoes!

Photobucket

She'll outgrow them soon and they've already got a bunch of scuff spots on them so I had no problem painting them. Although I wish I had some sand paper, the paint would of taken better and I might not have to have given it a bajillion coats. lol.
But I am running out of time so I just went for it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Originally I was going to take the stiched up girls stockings and making a small pair for Gwen, but then I found a pair of white tights in her drawer and I just decided to draw on it myself and I like it better than the store bought ones.
They are really terrible quality.
I'm using a pair myself though, when I dress as the bride since I don't have white stockings and I already bought these crappy ones. XD

Photobucket

Since I repositioned some of the tape before paint instead of replacing it, paint did leak through to the black sides. nOuuuu!
XD

I tried cleaning it up with goobegone
Photobucket

It does look better, but still you can notice some spill overs on the black.
Photobucket

In the end all I can say is that I LOVE IT!
and I"m excited for this weekend!

=]

Here's Frankie with Gwen's shoes.
She approves. =p

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Head on over to my Flickr for more Monster High Photos!


Now all I gota do is figure out my Bride wig!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. This is seriously the cutest thing EVER! I'm sure you'll take tons of photos of Gwen and I can't wait to see them~

    I really love how you improvised with the stockings and the shoes, it's always more fun to fix up our old stuff then spend all that cash on newer items. Plus, I think the white bleeding onto the black actually makes it look cooler, so the lines aren't so straight and perfect. Definitely more "monster"ish XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhehehe!
    Thanks Courtney!
    I'm so excited to take some pics of her, if she'll hold still.
    =p
    <3

    ReplyDelete